OUR THEME SONG

Monday, September 19, 2011

He Gave Me His Number Should I Call Him?

Protect Your Privacy!
"Absolutely Not"

How will you ever know if a guy is really interested in you if you are the one initiating all of the contacts?  A good rule of thumb - always allow the man to lead and you follow.  Only call or text him when returning a call or text.  While we are on the subject of return phone calls or text, keep in mind that men have feelings too, and it's just rude not to return calls or text messages.  Do unto men as you would have them do unto you.

When a new prospect offers his telephone number, just light-heartedly say, "oh no, I was brought up to never call boys unless I was returning a phone call, and to this day, I am not comfortable calling men who didn't call me first.  I would love to get to know you, so feel free to give me a call whenever you want to talk to me.   This declaration or one similar lets him know that you would welcome calls from him and it also lets him know that you won't be calling him and why.  Trust me, men will appreciate your honesty and they will be calling if they are interested.

Also, I highly recommend obtaining a separate number for dating purposes only.  Preferably an 800 number or a separate cell phone number so your address cannot be obtained.   Once you get to know a guy after several months of dating, you can disclose more personal information.   In this day and age - there is no such thing as being too careful.  

Ms. Edna gives sound dating advice to single women. Advice, if followed, guarantees your success in creating a loving relationship with a GOOD man that results in marriage. Log into msedna.com daily and learn how to love yourself all the way to the altar! THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHTED - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © msedna.com 2007-2011 Disclaimer: All images posted on this site are copyrighted by their respective owners. MsEdna.com makes no claims of ownership or credit for these photos what so ever unless duly noted.

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

Excellent Post Ms Edna! I wondered about how to handle this type of situation... usually just end up trashing his card w/o saying anything...I'll definitely remember this!

Anonymous said...

I also agree with Edna's advice on using a separate cell phone for dating. You just never know who's genuinely normal and who's a psychopath. Just look at the current missing persons case in Aruba.

Shannon said...

I too have been perplexed on how to handle this situation, thanks for this post.

Constance said...

@Anonymous...the Aruba case crossed my mind also when I read this post in addition to a near tragic situation that happened to my best friend with a good-looking guy she met at the mall. As Ms. Edna says, we can't be too careful and we need to take every precaution to protect ourself when accepting dates.